Login as a User

does buprenorphine make you high

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does buprenorphine make you high

Asked: 2019-09-15 04:00:57

My sister has been addicted to opioids for over a year. My parents and I have tried talking to our family friend who is a doctor, and he mentioned buprenorphine. I'm a bit confused because I thought buprenorphine made people high. Is this true or am I just confused?

Answered: 2019-09-16 08:57:50

It's really not that strong compared to opiates like heroin, OxyContin and Vicodin. Therefore buprenorphine isn't going to make your sister high the way other drugs would.

Answered: 2019-09-16 05:21:32

If your sister really wishes to get better then going to the medical professionals who can appropriately prescribe her buprenorphine and naloxone is in her best interests. You don't need to worry about her getting high from buprenorphine, as this substance does not cause the same effects as other drugs.

Answered: 2019-09-15 18:24:06

It's definitely not true that buprenorphine makes people high. I would know because I was on buprenorphine during my recovery from addiction, and it didn't make me high.

Answered: 2019-09-16 22:51:55

You're just confused. Buprenorphine can't make people high. Get your facts straight.

Answered: 2019-09-16 11:49:12

Buprenorphine is a partial opiate agonist that does not produce the same high as full agonist opiates. Buprenorphine is used with naloxone to treat opioid addiction and help patients during the detox and recovery process. It's essential that your sister recieves professional medical help when she's ready to recovery.

We want to listen to your answers