Login as a User

how many suboxone I'll need

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how many suboxone I'll need

Asked: 2019-02-25 07:17:05

Hey, I'm Van. I don' know much about addiction. That's why I'm on here trying to figure this stuff out since my girlfriend's mom isn't doing so good. I want to help in any way I can. So, I figure that I'd help with some of the research that I read is important to do. Her mom isn't in treatment yet but we are planning an intervention for her this weekend. So, one of the things I wanted to know about was how many suboxone does each addict need to take each week or day?

Answered: 2019-02-26 18:26:04

It can be different for each patient who is undergoing suboxone treatment. Some people take more than others because they need more to feel the effects of the drug. But on the first two days of treatment, you will probably start with only 8mg/2mg the first day and 16mg/4mg on the second day. But it could change between each patient, but your doctor will help you.

Answered: 2019-02-25 17:30:30

Most patients start with a dose of 2mg/0.5mg or so at the beginning of the first day. Then, they would up the dosage every two hours with medical supervision in 2 or 4 mg of suboxone. Each patient should a total of about 8 mg/2mg suboxone on that first day. Then, day two should be about double the amount than the first day at about 16mg/4mg. However, after than the patient should have their doctor adjust their medication to their special needs since some people might need it more than others. After that, 4mg/1mg to 24mg/6mg is around the average amount a patient uses each day. However, they might continue their suboxone treatment for as long as their doctor thinks you need it for. So, some patients can be on it for a short amount of time or as long as a year or longer.

Answered: 2019-02-26 07:28:40

It really depends on the time frame. You might need around 8mg/2mg on the first day you are in treatment and then about 16mg/4mg the second day. On both days, you need to slowly work your way up to these amounts by adding 2 or 4mg every two hours or so. You can talk it over with your doctor if you need more or less.

Answered: 2019-02-26 12:48:03

I know that the first day of suboxone treatment most people will be on about 8mg/2mg and then double that amount on the second day. Then, they might be taking as much as 24mg/6mg each day. But it really depends on if she needs susboxone treatment and the dosage her doctor thinks she needs with her imput on the matter.

Answered: 2019-02-26 01:43:25

When your girlfriend's mom is in treatment, her doctor can figure out if she needs suboxone and how much she needs each day. They can decide on the correct dosage and change it so she's more comfortable.

We want to listen to your answers