Login as a User

is suboxone an opiate when drug tested

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. is suboxone an opiate when drug tested

Asked: 2019-11-15 10:38:41

I'm terrified of my upcoming drug test for my new job. I don't think I'm going to pass. Has anyone had suboxone come up on their drug tests as an opiate?

Answered: 2019-11-17 02:47:16

No, I haven't had suboxone come up on my drug test as an opiate, but I have had it come up as an opioid. There's a difference. I explained the situation that I was in recovery addiction and I was thankfully able to move forward with the hiring process. Now I've been in my job for five years! So there's certainly hope for you.

Answered: 2019-11-16 08:28:19

Suboxone may appear on a drug test as an opioid rather than an opiate. If you have concerns about the results of your drug test, talk to your doctor. You can trust your medical team to help you through this process and figure out where to go from here.

Answered: 2019-11-16 07:51:28

My boyfriend was in a similar situation. Suboxone did come up on the results of his drug test as an opioid, and that's because he was in treatment for addiction. If you're in treatment for addiction too I really hope it goes well for you.

Answered: 2019-11-16 08:13:16

The only way to safely pass a drug test is to never do drugs under any circumstances. Surely you know that.

Answered: 2019-11-15 19:13:26

I had to take a drug test a few years ago and suboxone showed up as an opioid. I explained to the employer what was going on, that I was in recovery from addiction to prescription painkillers. I also had a doctor's note so I was able to explain myself and get the job. That may be an alternative option that you want to keep in mind. Either way I hope the test goes well!

We want to listen to your answers