Login as a User

does suboxone make you gain weight

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. does suboxone make you gain weight

Asked: 2019-02-22 16:48:42

My doctors want to put me on suboxone but I'm worried that it will make me gain weight. Has anyone else experienced a weight gain with suboxone?

Answered: 2019-02-23 22:24:04

You're addicted to drugs and you're worried about your weight? I think you have bigger problems to consider like staying alive.

Answered: 2019-02-22 23:46:05

I've never heard of suboxone making people gain weight, but I suppose everyone's different. Just talk to our doctor if you start to notice anything and they should be able to help you.

Answered: 2019-02-23 10:11:05

My sister was on suboxone for a year and she didn't gain any weight at all. I don't think there's a clear link between suboxone and weight gain, at least not that I've heard of at all.

Answered: 2019-02-24 04:38:52

There are no confirmed links between suboxone and weight gain at this time. However some patients do report weight gain while they are taking suboxone, but it cannot be confirmed that suboxone is the cause. You can always consult your doctor with any concerns you may have and they will work through it with you.

Answered: 2019-02-23 20:14:54

I was on suboxone and I gained five or ten pounds but it could have been due to other changes in my life too. I was eating more once I was in rehab. Just see how you go and talk to your doctor if you start noticing a lot of weight gain. Hopefully it all works out well for you like it did for me.

We want to listen to your answers