Login as a User

what does opioid agonist mean

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. what does opioid agonist mean

Asked: 2019-05-01 04:22:31

I've been worried about my son. I think he may be struggling with addiction and that breaks my heart, as I'd love to be able to help him in any way. I've been trying to learn more about addiction and figure out how to broach this subject without upsetting him too much. I've been hearing a few things about an opioid agonist, and I'm wondering if I could get him on one of these. What does this actually mean? I guess I should know that first before I move forward. I'm just so overwhelmed and worried about him.

Answered: 2019-05-02 08:46:04

When you hear the term "opioid agonist," this refers to a substance that binds to opioid receptors for the drugs to have a significant effect on a person. That's why these drugs are so addictive. I hope your son can get better soon.

Answered: 2019-05-01 13:37:59

Your son isn't going to get any help from medication, he shouldn't have gotten addicted in the first place.

Answered: 2019-05-01 13:53:39

An opioid agonist is a dangerous drug that can cause addiction. There's a high risk of abuse with these drugs and your son needs to be very careful. I hope he can get the assistance that he really needs.

Answered: 2019-05-02 11:03:30

I'm sorry to hear about your son, this sounds like a very concerning situation and it makes sense that you're worried. When you heard someone talking about opioid agonists, they were referencing drugs that bind tightly to opioid receptors for maximum effect, such as heroin or fentanyl. If your son is addicted to these then he definitely needs professional help and I hope he can get that.

Answered: 2019-05-01 07:36:46

An opioid agonist is a strong drug such as heroin, fentanyl or oxycodone. It has maximum effect in the brain and if your son is taking it, he needs to get help sooner rather than later.

We want to listen to your answers