Login as a User

how long does suboxone block drugs

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. how long does suboxone block drugs

Asked: 2019-02-23 16:03:33

I am concerned about my father, who as far as I know has been using heroin for the last two years. I want him to try suboxone treatment, but he is really skeptical that it would actually work. Does anyone have any advice as to how I can explain to him how suboxone works to block heroin?

Answered: 2019-02-23 20:23:44

Suboxone is made up of buprenorphine and naloxone, which are used to reverse the effects of opiates and stop the withdrawal symptoms from becoming unmanageable and therefore leading to an increased risk of relapse. Suboxone needs to be used under medical supervision to achieve success without leading to another addiction. Please continue to urge your father to seek medical attention.

Answered: 2019-02-24 13:47:16

That’s so sad about your dad. I hope you, your family and the medical professionals are able to convince him to get the help he needs so badly. It may help if you can explain to him that suboxone contains buprenorphine, which can block the effects of other opiates when used with naloxone, the other ingredient in suboxone. In other words, suboxone is used to provide pain relief and keep withdrawal symptoms under control, so that a person such as your dad is more likely to make it through this process.

Answered: 2019-02-24 05:35:48

It makes me sad to hear about your dad. I lost my father to drug addiction when I was just 10 years old. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to you. I've heard really good things about suboxone treatment, particularly because this medication can keep those painful withdrawal symptoms at manageable levels. When a person is on suboxone, they can expect to feel better than if they were going through the withdrawals cold turkey. I really hope your dad can try suboxone and maybe it could save his life. It's certainly worth a shot.

Answered: 2019-02-25 11:02:05

No one deserves to lose someone they love because of drug addiction, yet it happens every single day. I hope you can continue to support your dad and hopefully he will get the help he needs. Make sure you tell him that suboxone has two main ingredients in it (buprenorphine and naloxone) which work together to block other opiates to control the withdrawal symptoms. If he's tried to withdraw before and been unsuccessful, it's probably because the discomfort became too much. Suboxone will minimize those unpleasant feelings and keep your dad on the path to success hopefully.

Answered: 2019-02-24 05:01:26

Forgot suboxone, what you really need is a reality check. Drugs will kill you and it's ridiculous for you to think anything otherwise.

We want to listen to your answers