Login as a User

if he takes narcan will it remove the suboxone and save him

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. if he takes narcan will it remove the suboxone and save him

Asked: 2019-02-24 12:34:37

My brother is likely to die from an opioid overdose, as much as this breaks my heart to say. He just can't quit using drugs and I worry about him every day. We've found him unconscious on the streets multiple times. If he has Narcan, will it save his life or no?

Answered: 2019-02-25 04:57:18

While Narcan is used to reverse the effects of an opioid overdose and it can save lives, there's no guarantee. It may be too late for him depending on how long he's been unconscious for. Have you tried getting him into rehab? I feel like that's one of the best places for him at the moment. Good luck, keep your head up I know it's hard.

Answered: 2019-02-25 22:40:27

My sister had been dead for 12 hours by the time we found her, so it was far too late for Narcan. It's about timing and technique. If you can get to your brother quick enough to administer the Narcan, then he has a fighting chance.

Answered: 2019-02-25 07:31:49

Narcan can save lives, including your brothers, but it needs to be administered appropriately and sooner rather than later. I'd ask your doctor for further clarification on Narcan and how it may work in your brother's case.

Answered: 2019-02-26 05:59:40

Too far gone, he's too far gone.

Answered: 2019-02-26 08:52:23

Narcan saved my life and I've been sober for two years now. I went on to have suboxone treatment and it worked wonders. Once I got over those withdrawal symptoms it was like I was a new person.

We want to listen to your answers