Login as a User

why does suboxone taste so bad

1. Questions
  2. >
  3. Category: Suboxone
  4. >
  5. why does suboxone taste so bad

Asked: 2019-09-24 22:58:49

I've only been taking suboxone for a few days but I'm just about done. I can't handle the taste it's disgusting! Why is it so awful?

Answered: 2019-09-25 14:46:03

I hated the taste of suboxone too. It was disturbing but eventually as with many things in life I got used to it. I realized how important suboxone was to my recovery process, and I knew I couldn't make it through without it. I think you'll be glad that you decided to keep taking it and stick with the treatment - I know I was (and still am!)

Answered: 2019-09-25 05:41:59

Suboxone tasted horrible to me in the first few days too. But I kept at it and over time I began to forget about what it tasted like. By the time you're done with treatment you won't even think twice about the taste, and you will be glad that you kept going with treatment and gave suboxone a real try. It saved my life and it could easily save yours too.

Answered: 2019-09-26 10:49:00

It's probably a good thing that suboxone doesn't taste good. While this is a medication that can save lives, it also does carry a risk of abuse and addiction so it's better that it doesn't taste that great. You're less likely to become addicted to it if it doesn't taste good. I wish you the best of luck with your treatment and your recovery!

Answered: 2019-09-25 20:53:19

You don't say why you're taking suboxone, but if you are taking it for management of opioid withdrawal symptoms, I applaud your efforts. It's a tough process you're going through and you need to be patient with yourself. Give suboxone a few more days, don't give up yet. This medication may not taste good but it can save your life and keep you from relapsing. Remember that it's a medication, not a candy, so the taste shouldn't matter as much as the results and how it makes you feel. Keep it up!

Answered: 2019-09-25 11:35:17

Suboxone is a medication, it isn't meant to taste good. Duh.

Answered: 2020-10-08 03:14:35

A couple tricks to prep or get the taste out after or during. First wash your mouth out with some milk, thicker the better like whole milk. Then put the sub under your tounge right afterwards. Once it is dissolved then do the milk again, also works with coffee as well. I also like to use Sour Patch kids, eat a couple then put the sub in, while it is dissolving put a couple sour patch in your mouth at the same time just try not to eat or swallow them until the sub is dissolved usually 4 to 5 minutes.

Answered: 2021-07-08 21:00:40

I've been taking Suboxone for at least ten years after switching from methadone. I got a lot of pressure from my doctor to switch. I don't know of anything else that tastes as bad as Soboxone. It tastes like bile. Every dose I've ever taken was absolutely disgusting, it only seemed to get worse over the years. Thank God I'm getting the implant in about four more weeks.

We want to listen to your answers